We at Thomas Thor Associates are in support of our client, Longenecker & Associates (L&A) currently seeking a Senior Quality Expert and QA Functional Manager. This is a permanent position to be based in Lexington, KY.
This individual will interface directly with various stakeholders, including the PPPO organization, Quality Assurance Lead(s), and other PPPO subcontractors, to ensure continuous coordination/communication toward implementation of the PPPO QA program.
- Perform QA functions as needed to deliver an integrated QA program at the Portsmouth Paducah Project Office (PPPO).
- Serve as the serve single point of contact responsible/accountable for fulfillment of contracted Performance Work Statement functions/activities.
- Act as qualified senior quality engineer to serve as a Senior Quality Expert and QA Functional Manager to perform QA functions as needed to deliver an integrated QA program.
An ideal candidate:
- Nuclear quality assurance experience
- Audit and surveillance experience
- Supplier oversight experience
- Continuous improvement experience, including issues management, corrective and preventive action· Excellent time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- High energy
- Seeks out challenging assignments
As a Longenecker & Associates employee, you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a team that constantly exceeds client expectations, and become a member of a professional family.
We are currently recruiting applicants that are legally entitled to work in the United States of America.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or comparable technical degree
- At least 15 years of leadership experience in an engineering position, preferably at nuclear facilities
- Experience working within an NQA-1 based program, or program within similar requirements.
- Extensive experience working with DOE Order 414.1K, 10 CFR 830, Subpart A and NQA-1 at DOE sites.
- Extensive experience with oversight of QA program implementation – especially that of DOE Contractors’
- Ability to lead and support audit and surveillance efforts to identify and assess quality issues, deficiencies and potential non-compliances
- Demonstrated experience managing teams, including geographically dispersed and matrixed staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of NQA 1 requirements and principles, or similar quality requirements and principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of DOE Order 141.1D, 10 CFR830 Subpart A
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate DOE security clearance
- General knowledge of DOE facilities
- Advanced analytical and writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a high paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to use independent judgement for determining course of action
- Causal analysis experience preferred
Work is performed in an office setting.
May involve standing and walking for brief periods. May involve minimal or infrequent lifting or carrying.
Primary: Lexington, KY; Secondary: Portsmouth, OH and Paducah, KY
Frequent short term travel between sites will be required.