We have a current opportunity for a Solidworks Designer/Drafter for a nuclear technology company in US. It’s a remote contract for a year with a posibility for extension.
In this role, you will create structural and mechanical design solutions, 3D CAD models, and engineering drawings for the conceptual and preliminary design development of advanced Generation IV nuclear reactors. Candidates must have extensive experience in mechanical/structural design and drafting using a mainstream CAD system.
- Produce robust CAD models that facilitate fast-paced design evolution and derivative creation that leverage advanced CAD modeling techniques and methodologies.
- Develop and maintain highly complex mechanical designs. Pro-actively seek out, research, and propose unique solutions. Conduct trade studies to down-select best option.
- Use model configurations to support analysis needs, such as: Structural, Neutronics, Thermal-Hydraulic, Radiological, Safety, etc.
- Document design progress, changes, and decisions via our client’s internal & external online collaboration workspaces.
- Create supporting technical presentations, documents, and reports as needed.
- Create engineering drawings (layout, detail, interface control, general arrangement, etc.) per ASME 14.1 and Y14.5 standards.
- Perform tolerance stack up calculations.
- Check and review drawings for accuracy of information and conformance to ASME & the client drafting standards via electronic redline process.
- Ensure and maintain configuration control of models/drawings via our client’s product data and product life-cycle management software.
- Regularly review design group generated documents and propose improvements. Pro-actively contribute to written guidance and standards development.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- CAD proficiency in SoildWorks
- Creative thinker with strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to work multiple tasks concurrently with minimum direction to solve challenging problems
- Organized and detail oriented, with excellent writing and communication skills
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trustworthiness and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
- Demonstrated experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Experience checking fabrication drawings
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Experience in Mechanical and Machine Design
- Experience using a product data management (PDM) system preferred