We are currently looking for a System Transients Analysis Engineer for our client, a nuclear technology company. It’s a remote contract for a year with a posibility for extension.
Reporting to Senior Manager, Thermal Hydraulics, the System Transients Analysis Engineer is responsible for analyses using the RELAP5-3D code for both thermal-hydraulics plant-wide and component level transient analysis with application to the TerraPower sodium-cooled reactor program. The successful candidate will support transient analyses for various reactor designs including novel systems. The analyses may also involve use of existing in-house and commercial codes or may involve generation of new code or augmentation of existing code. They will interface with the safety group and other groups to accurately represent the different systems of the plant.
* Develop RELAP5-3D models for steady state and transient one-dimensional network hydraulic analyses.
* Perform calculations using first principles of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics to support and validate analysis results.
* Perform analysis of reactor normal operations, upset events, emergency events and faulted events as defined in the ASME BPVC Section III to establish design, service, and test loadings and limits.
* Perform analysis of plant wide transients for evaluation of operation narratives and design solution.
* Perform multiscale and multidisciplinary neutronics and control analyses involving the thermal hydraulics of sodium, molten salt, and non-condensable fluids.
* Integrate with other engineering groups performing aspects of component, system, fuel, and control system design and related thermal-hydraulic testing.
* Perform code benchmarking and validation analyses to support code qualification and methodology development.
* M.S. or PhD in nuclear or mechanical engineering.
* Strong thermal-hydraulic analytical skills with one dimensional hydraulic network analysis, system codes experience and transient analysis.
* Substantial (5-10 years) experience with a RELAP code.
* Familiarity with code V&V and associated regulatory requirements.
* Experience with nuclear power plant design or operations a plus.
* Knowledge of design approach under ASME Boiler Code Section III a plus.
* Experience developing new analytical methods highly desirable.
* Experience with first-of-a-kind or high temperature nuclear reactor design projects is a plus.
* Strong technical writing skills.
* Effective communication skills.
* The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
Principal Recruitment Consultant with extensive recruitment experience working in Europe, US and MENA regions
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.