Thomas Thor Associates are proud to be working exclusively with an international engineering leader, committed to engineering a zero-carbon future.
This is a dynamic opportunity to develop the nuclear offering across the UK lifecycle.
The UK business covers:
- Activities/contracts in UK for the Joint Design Office team of the EPR Hinkley Point C project based in Bridgewater for EDF Energy / NNB;
- Local business development, aligned with UK development strategy of Business Line Nuclear.
- Development of projects to support the Business Entities in Europe, including provision of local services to customers localized in UK.
- Maintaining existing relationships with existing UK key clients and business partners;
- Identify potential clients in the nuclear market and complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s business needs in alignment with the business growth strategy;
- Develop relationships with prospective clients;
- To establish and maintain effective formal and informal relationships with customers, business partners, relevant government departments and agencies, regulators and other stakeholders generally.
- Contribute, in coordination with the Managing Director and the Nuclear Business line, to the definition of the commercial strategy;
- To work alongside Group Companies to jointly develop target markets in the UK;
- Acquire good knowledge on business products, processes and operations, and remain up-to-date on industry news;
- To develop further the nuclear activities in UK for all Services and Products (NPP New Build, Plant Operation Support, Radwaste and D&D, SMR and Nuclear Medical Applications, Advanced Technologies) jointly with the BD community of the Nuclear Business Line;
- To provide advice and guidance to the Managing Director or Project Directors on the applicable local rules and regulations
- To perform watch and competitor analysis, benchmarking
- To lead prequalification procedures and support bid management teams when necessary
- To attend nuclear events with BD community support
- To support office administration activities
- Degree qualified with relevant work experience in the nuclear industry
- Demonstrated achievement in B2B sales and/or business development;
- Good understanding and knowledge of the industry and of the UK nuclear business; good networking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (native or fluent English speaker and French notions if possible), including facilitation of group presentations;
- Ability to understand the needs and to propose solutions for clients.
- Ability to work within a multicultural team
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation, flexible to adapt, relational intelligence