For one of our clients in Finland, we are currently looking for an experienced Electrical engineer to lead the electrical and emergency diesel generator systems on a major nuclear new build commissioning works. This is an initial 6 months contract with possible extension.
- Coordinating the completion of required tasks in due time to ensure (sub)-system completion and handover to the Commissioning start-up sequence needs or to the temporary Operation organization needs.
- Supporting the identification and tracking of all actions to be completed (Engineering /Procurement / Construction / Commissioning) before transferring the System.
- Supervise the transfer process between Construction and Commissioning, accordingCommissioning Procedure.
- Supervise the transfer process between the Commissioning Organization and the operations organization according to Commissioning Procedure.
- Based on the different existing databases, excel follow up per discipline and List of OpenPoints, System Preparation is in charge to consolidate related information and to define the progress of each system for engineering, procurement, construction and
- The system leader verifies that above-mentioned tasks are well addressed in the project time schedule.
- In case of deviation to the expected progress, the System Leader is entitled to determine action plans, priorities and project instructions for construction, procurement and/or engineering in order to recover a steady situation.
This position is responsible for managing the delivery of the Balance of Nuclear Island Systems of the power plant regarding transfer operation.
- Scope: Transformers, Cable Penetrations, MV & LV Emergency Power Transformers, AC/DC & DC/DC Converter, Cathodic Protection System, Transient Monitoring System, Nuclear Island Rectifiers, Inverters, DC Systems, 10 kV Switchgear, Combustible Gas Control System, LV Switchgear, Emergency Diesel Generator, Batteries.
- Follow-up of the deviations identified during the commissioning tests, with an effective lead to define and to implement the corrective actions with the commissioning Branch Leader.
- Electrical engineering degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in electrical systems
- Experience in operating power plant support (Engineering/Design or Construction, commissioning or Maintenance).
- Experience from commissioning performance, maintenance operation and/or preparation.
- PWR technology knowledge.
- Emergency diesel Generator technology knowledge.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office suite and particularly Excel.
- Experience with data analysis, Access and/or Excel knowledge on (at least) intermediate level.
- Document writing capacity.
- Ability to coordinate interfaces across organization, company, cultural boundaries.
- Advanced level of English